Sunday, April 25, 2010

Song -- Mess

do you think my new frames
are hiding my tearful eyes
because to me they're worthless

i feel the sting of pain
it's clawing at my hear-t
because i just saw them, not us.

i can smile though my heart is breaking
wish you well in my bridesmaids dress
he can't tell it's the feeling i'm faking
he think i'm just giving you good luck

goddamnit i love him
and i told you so last week
i'm trying to hide my fears
in finding this bittersweet

it's not sweet, it's just bitter
like the vodka i keep knocking back
don't touch me
i need space
but hand me the cognac

i feel like i should be screaming
but i can't find the energy
i feel like i shouldn't be beaming
as the photographer's camera sings

but i can smile though my heart is breaking
wish you well in my bridesmaids dress
you can't tell it's the feeling i'm faking
this is such a mess

if you want me to stay then just say so
but you know i'll only want to cry
if you want me to leave then just say so
but i might cause a scene this time

...did you know he was once mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment